Welcome to my very first blog post for the year!
I’ve been disconnected for about three months now although I did try to maintain a few posts on Instagram and Facebook. I’ll save my explanation for disconnecting in another blog post due tomorrow (promise!). For now, I just want to share some personal insights as the first quarter of the year takes a close. I’m still in awe of how fast this year is going and of how many things have transpired. Can you believe that we’re 1/4 done with 2015? So fast!
This March alone, a lot of things happened. My mind hasn’t fully digested everything yet actually. I did get to witness a lot of once in a lifetime moments such as concerts, a graduation, see-you-soon dates and real talk with real people. Sometimes, I feel like I’m still dreaming since everything happened so quickly. It’s still so surreal to me. Despite the pace, I will forever be grateful for the daily blessings I was given.
You see that photo I posted above? In that simple photo, it pretty much summarizes my March happenings. If you follow me on Instagram, you’d see the few squares of the things I did this month, including this blog post. It’s not everything, but it’s the major stuff. I’ll give you a quick run through of my favorite MARCHing’s:
- Christina Perri‘s Head or Heart Tour last March 05 at the Araneta Coliseum which I attended with my one and only panda, Rhedentor Naguit. It was a bummer that we didn’t get the seats we wanted but that did not stop us from enjoying the show. I just want to say that CHRISTINA PERRI SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER LIVE than she does on her studio album. When she sings, it’s so soulful and so solemn. I’m so glad I was privileged to witness that and hopefully get better seats the next time around.
- I got to spent what little time I had with my college best friends whom I owe a big portion of my strength to. We stuck through the roughest parts of life (inside and outside of school), as well as the best ones, and coming out stronger and better than we could have ever imagined. One by one, Life is drifting us separately to another part of the world for our futures which was why it meant so much to have those few hours together. Congratulations, you guys, so proud of you! #TFF #TFFgraduates
- I got new glasses. It’s nothing really special, but I guess it’s still worth mentioning. The last time I had glasses was five years ago due to astigmatism. Sucks to have it return with higher grades than last time. I love how fabulous my new specs look though. 😉
- My BFF of 17 years got me the Harry Potter Creature Vault book. It’s three of my favorite things. It’s a book, it’s purple and it’s Harry Potter related. Since James gave it to me, it’s suddenly the most valued book on my shelf.
- Great conversations over coffee is one of my favorite combos. I’m so blessed to have amazing people to have those combos with, especially when sudden misadventures take place; it makes the day so much more memorable.
- I waited for two hours in line with my youngest sister and her best friend just to see Us The Duo perform live extremely close. They had a sudden pop up event which I only found out (thanks to my sister) the night before their free meet and greet at Crisp on 28th. We saw them perform No Matter Where You Are live! They were amazing! I love them and I was so happy I got to see them in person. 🙂
- While waiting for something special to happen, I took on different interests to keep me preoccupied and entertained. I ventured into make up, (back) into art, started on new books and polished rusty skills and forgotten talents among other things. My gamer side has been tingling so I pick up my PS3 every now and then as well.
- I also tried revamping my blog if you haven’t noticed yet. I’m not really good with the technicality of codes and whatnot, but hey, I try. I’m still working on it since I’m too kuripot to pay someone to fix my blog up for me. It’s in my plans though! 😀
I did all those and more without constantly having the need to publish every minuscule detail of it on the Internet. Not everything you do must be published on social media. Not everyone deserves to know what you’re doing. Not everyone wants to know either. Especially the trivial things. Unless you’re a celebrity, of course,
or someone is constantly watching your every move because they have nothing better to do with their lives/are so jealous of you that they want to know what you’re up to. It’s just so much better to live in the moment as it is happening rather than constantly scrolling mindlessly through your phone. If I didn’t have a blog post ready for tomorrow for this topic, I would’ve gone on and on about forgetting your phones or the Internet. So keep posted tomorrow, mkay?
Anyway, those are just a few I thought would be nice to share with y’all. Not all of it are useful information which is why I appreciate you reading through this, my beloved readers. I have a lot of pending blog drafts that are just waiting to be published and I think this April will be a good time. I have a shit load of stories to share with you guys and I promise that I’ll make it worth your while to read them. Also, I have so much waiting in store for the next few months and I’d love to share those upcoming adventures with you. 🙂
April Fool’s Day tomorrow and the start of the second quarter of the year, so whatever is left of this year, make it count. From personal experience, it’s never too late to begin anything. What matters is that you actually start on it.
As John Burroughs said, “The simplest good deed is better than the greatest intention.“
Take it easy, my beloved readers. See you tomorrow!